Four of the best used electric car options
December 5, 2018
The surge in the demand of electric cars demand is largely attributed to the two categories of buyers. One is the young generation, who are increasingly becoming aware of the economic considerations of buying a car. Realizing that their investment will only depreciate in terms of value, many of them are flocking towards the purchase of car leasing deals UK options. And then, there is the second category of buyers who choose to purchase pre-owned vehicles not because they put in great thought into technicalities but simply because their finances did not allow them.
Independently, these two classes of customers also dictate the sales figures for electric cars. Figures show that there was a staggering increase in registration of Electric Vehicles in 2017, around 32.5%. It has been seen that the younger generation is more environmentally conscious and would choose electric cars if given a choice within comparable specifications. It is also reasoned that they love to try and adopt newer technologies than the generation above them, hence electric cars a popular choice for them. The other factor which determines sales of electric cars is again the economic advantage offered by them, which in this case loosely translates to the tax-breaks being accorded to electric car-owner.
Here we talk about five best used electric car options to choose from by comparing three key specifications; p
- BMW i3 – i3 boasts of a fresh design in comparison to all other BMW models. This is evident from its looks.
- Engine: It comes with a 650cc petrol engine as a backup option.
- Price: Costing approximately £16,000 GBP.
- Range: It can run almost 195miles and 288 miles for the REX edition, on a single charge.
- Battery Warranty: 8 Years or 100,000 miles.
- Nissan Leaf –It is the most popular car in the used car market. The reasons are often attributed to:
- Price: It costs approximately £6,000GBP.
- Range: It is capable of being driven up to 124 miles on a single charge.
- battery warranty: 5 years or 60,000 miles.
- Renault ZOE – It has been rated as the best all-rounder in the category. It is spacious and very smooth to ddrive.
- Price: It costs upwards of £5,000 GBP to the customer.
- Range: It can be driven up to 130 miles on a single charge.
- Battery Warranty: 5 Years or 60,000 miles.
- Volkswagen e-Golf – The car is based on the original Golf platform and wasn’t designed to run on electricity. Hence, the ride quality isn’t great, in comparison to its sibling, the petrol version of Golf. This is even though it retains its original characteristics of practicality and decent build quality.
- Price: £19,000 GBP
- Range: A single charge allows the car to drive up to 118 miles.
- Battery warranty: 8 Years or 100,000 miles.